I had the funniest conversation with my hubby the other day. I happened to be scouring YouTube recently, and stumbled across the Steve Aoki and Duran Duran “Hungry Like a Wolf” callobaration. He said, “This song reminds me of you.”
“Huh?” I asked.
Take a listen:
I totally had no idea what he was talking about until I saw this in the video:
For those of you who don’t know, I am a chronic gum chewer, and Trident is usually my brand of choice. So, I guess you can say the song suits me well because “I’m hungry like a wolf” for Trident. It’s sounds a bit corney, but it’s true. I usually go through a pack a day. I know, I know. I’m an adict, I’ll admit it. With that said, Trident gum has teamed up with Aoki and Duran Duran as part of its first global campaign, ”See What Unfolds.” Their mission is to engage with fans over “the serious business of fun.” You can get the low down about their plan here.
The callabo gives the song a whole new sound and flavor. The 80s blend with techno is pure genious. It got me thinking of artists who I would love to see pair up. I’m always down for mixing old school with new school too. Here’s my top 5 collaborations I’d like to see happen:
1. Jay-Z & Big Daddy Kane (Hov recently invited Kane to perform some of his old school classics at the Barlays Center. It would be great if the two got together and put out some original music).
2. Lauryn Hill & Alicia Keys (I miss Lauryn Hill!! Keys is known for having old school artists join her on stage. This is one performance I would LOVE to see).
3. Nas & Lauryn Hill (Ever since their hit, “If I Ruled the World,” I’ve been dying for them to put out another single together).
4. Alicia Keys & Beyonce (They teamed up before. But we need a do-over because that song they did was wack).
5. Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, KRS-One, LL Cool J, Run DMC, Busta Rhymes, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, Nas, Queen Latifa, Mc Lytem Lauryn Hill (Putting all my favs on one song/album has always been a life long dream of mine).
Now your turn! Which artists would you like to see share the stage? Let me know in the comments below. Also, I’ll be giving away a year’s supply of Trident gum. If you want in, be sure to fill out the Rafflecopter!
a Rafflecopter giveaway