I told my hubby “it’s my anniversary” and he looked at me like I was crazy. He finally got it when I said “it’s my blogversary,” hence the weird title.
I can’t believe it’s been a year! I never thought I’d have a blog. My first post explains why. I really didn’t know what to expect. But, I’m pleasantly surprised at the positive feedback that I’ve received. Someone told me that they were inspired by my nursing diaries. Whenever I here those words, “I love your blog,” I get so excited. On the flip side, I didn’t know how difficult blogging could be.
I thought writing a post would be a no brainer, but sometimes I struggle to gather my thoughts. I also wonder whether or not I’m being too personal. The internet could be a great place to connect. But, it could also be scary. I worry if something I’ve written would ever come back to bite me in the you know what. Overall, it’s been a great experience. My blog has been a great tool in keeping in contact with family and friends. It’s been my escape and my place to vent. Most importantly, Princess will one day read this blog. I hope that by documenting my journey to balance career and motherhood (along with so many other things), she’ll get to know her mama in a different way. She’ll know that her mama was determined at giving her the best life ever.
I look forward to many more years of blogging. Here’s what I hope to accomplish within the next year.
1. I hope to gain more followers. My goal was to get 100 followers in a year or less. But, 91 ain’t too bad. If you haven’t joined my site yet, please do. All ya gotta do is click that blue button that says ‘join this site’ to the right and follow the simple directions from there. You can also follow by email. While your at it, connect with me on twitter, pinterest, vimeo, facebook, youtube, and google +. Princess also has a tumblr account, in case you want to follow that too. Btw, she doesn’t know that I know about it.
2. Host more giveaways. I never wanted my blog to be all about prizes. But, I would like show my readers how much I value them. So far, I’ve given away tickets to Madam Tussauds, a gift card Target, makeup, and some fab earrings.
3. I would love to keep writing for other blogs. I’ve done some guest posts for Baby Center and Snugabell so far.
4. Hit up some conferences. I’ve already signed up for Blogher and I can’t wait to go, and meet other bloggers.
5. Keep blogging, and post great pics! I need help in the photography department. I may just have to take a class.
I want to thank everyone for visiting Weather Anchor Mama. I appreciate all the feedback and advice that I get. So, keep ‘em coming. What you like/dislike about my blog? I’m a big girl. I can take the good, the bad, and the ugly.